NoWaLs

New Opinion of Web And Life Style
Текущее время: 23 фев 2018, 07:19

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: N.Y. Rangers' front office acknowledges changes coming
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 фев 2018, 11:25 

the 25-24-5 Rangers released a letter that confirms what many reports have been suggesting: they are open for business as the Feb. 26 deadline looms.,In an unprecedented dose of honesty to their fans

“As we approach the trade deadline later this month and into the summer, we will be focused on adding young, skill and character, competitive players that combine speed,” Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton and team president Glen Sather said in their joint letter Thursday.

“This may mean we lose some familiar faces, it’s never easy. Our promise to you is that our plans will be guided by our singular commitment: ensuring we are building the foundation for our next Stanley Cup contender.”, guys we all care about and respect. While this is part of the game

posting a 9-13-3 record since Dec. 11 with five regulation wins during that span.,The Rangers have advanced to the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons and 11 of the past 12. But that success is in doubt this season as they are three points out of the final wild-card position

Marc-Andre Fleury’s tenure in Pittsburgh wasn’t always roses, he left as a three-time Stanley Cup champion who won 375 regular season games and 62 playoff contests with Pittsburgh. So it was great to see the Penguins’ tribute to him last night be followed by a lengthy standing ovation from the fans. You can see the video of that here., but Flower was a huge part of the organization during some of the Penguins’ best years and when Pittsburgh ultimately decided to send him to Vegas (the Penguins gave Vegas a second round pick in exchange for them agreeing to take Fleury in the expansion draft)

Phil Kessel,He didn’t slow down the hot Penguins in his return to Pittsburgh though. Evgeni Malkin, and Sidney Crosby had another big night with Malkin recording his 30th goal while Crosby got his 60th point. In the end it was Pittsburgh that got the win, after some shaky points from Pittsburgh,Authentic Connor Hellebuyck jersey, though Fleury has been amazing this season when healthy and he’s helped the Golden Knights on their incredible expansion team run so far. Meanwhile, the two-time defending champion Penguins are looking like one of the best teams in the league going into the final stretch.

Adam Henrique scored the overtime winner. It was his 16th goal and 32nd point in 54 games. That includes 18 points in 30 contests since being acquired by the Ducks.

Ondrej Kase found the back of the net and registered an assist for Anaheim. He’s up to 14 goals and 25 points in 39 games.

Ryan Miller kicked out 30 of 33 Sabres shots. He had lost his previous four starts, it was a decent start for him after he surrendered six goals on Monday and three goals on just seven shots on Saturday.,Authentic Wayne Simmonds jersey, though he had picked up a win on Jan. 25 in a relief appearance. At any rate

Marc-Andre Fleury couldn’t slow down the red hot Penguins in his return to Pittsburgh. The Vegas goaltender ended up surrendering five goals on 38 shots.

making him the second player this season to reach the 30-goal mark after Alex Ovechkin.,Evgeni Malkin scored a goal and registered an assist for Pittsburgh. He’s up to 30 goals and 62 points in 51 games

Phil Kessel netted the game-winning goal and recorded an assist. That gives him 24 goals and 65 points in 55 contests. He’s just one point shy of Nikita Kucherov and the scoring lead.

From the moment news hit that Rick Nash had submitted his no-trade list of teams to the New York Rangers,Authentic Claude Giroux jersey, speculation has run rampant regarding the 33-year-old winger's trade-deadline destination. Having watched Nash play for the past few years, and knowing his personality a bit, I'd have to say that comfortability would be the most important factor in finding a successful temporary home for him.

but not the kind of "savior of our Stanley Cup chances" pressure that he might feel in,Authentic Shayne Gostisbehere jersey,I'm not sure there's a better fit between team and player at this trade deadline. It's the kind of situation that perfectly suits him as a high-profile acquisition: Pressure, say, a Canadian market; the chance to contribute offensively, but with the knowledge that Tyler Seguin,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, Jamie Benn and Alex Radulov will shoulder the heaviest offensive load for the Stars; and perhaps above all else, a relationship and mutual trust with Dallas coach Ken Hitchcock that extends back to their time together with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

"He made me understand that defense is one of the most important parts of the game, and you get all your offense from a strong defense, and it's definitely changed my career," Nash said of Hitch in an interview with ESPN in 2011.

Nash can slot in as a second-line left winger to instantly increase the Stars' scoring depth, play his game and help make a middling Dallas power play better. Meanwhile, as Nash's availability should create a nice, the Stars have the picks and prospects to entice the Rangers, tidy bidding war.

Emily Kaplan: I think Nash to the Stars makes a lot of sense, pretty much any team in a position to contend that might need one extra spark., Greg. I certainly could see it. I could also see Nash helping out the St. Louis Blues or Winnipeg Jets or San Jose Sharks or Pittsburgh Penguins or ... OK

Before you roll your eyes, first let me remind you that both the Rangers and Blue Jackets have new general managers since the blockbuster, but haven't been able to sustain success after an impressive start to the season. The Rangers will reportedly shoulder some of Nash's contract in order to reap the most from the trade, five-player trade in July 2012 that sent Nash to New York. Let's also assess where things stand for the Blue Jackets. They have elite goaltending and a ton of exciting young talent, and the Blue Jackets have some cap flexibility.

When I visited Columbus' training camp in September, I asked Werenski how the Blue Jackets had changed over the past 12 months. "[During the 2016-17 season] we thought we might be good," he told me. "This year, we know we're good." I wonder how that confidence has been altered since his team has fallen into its recent rut. What I do know is this: Adding a Nash-caliber player to the lineup could do wonders to a team's confidence.

Chris Peters: Columbus was actually the first team that popped into my mind,adidas Connor Hellebuyck jersey, Emily. I think that theory has some pretty decent legs. I kept coming back to a different team, that I think has what the Rangers would want in a deal and a desire to bolster a Cup-contending roster. That would be the Nashville Predators,adidas Wayne Simmonds jersey, however, who have one of the best deal-makers in the NHL in GM David Poile.

it appears the Rangers are seeking a first-round pick,Based on reporting from TSN's Bob McKenzie,adidas Claude Giroux jersey, a top prospect and perhaps a sweetener of some kind. At first,Authentic Nolan Patrick jersey, I thought that sounded like a hefty price for a rental. That's essentially what the Chicago Blackhawks gave up to acquire Andrew Ladd as the 2015-16 trade deadline approached, however, when they sent a first-round pick,adidas Shayne Gostisbehere jersey, a prospect and a conditional pick to the Jets. It's still a steep price, and that one didn't exactly work out so great for Chicago in the end -- even though it looked great on paper when the deal was made.

So how much would Poile be willing to give up for the sake of scoring depth? Striking gold last year with the 30th overall pick to land Eeli Tolvanen might make the Predators a little more willing to part with that first-round pick for this year's draft. After shedding both Samuel Girard and Vladislav Kamenev in the deal that landed them Kyle Turris, Nashville has already dipped into its prospect pool once in a significant way. If Poile can find a deal that doesn't include a top prospect -- Tolvanen and defenseman Dante Fabbro are the top players in the system -- it'd be more palatable.,adidas Nolan Patrick jersey, however

The Predators aren't desperate for scoring depth at this point, but it would absolutely help. Additionally, he has size and the high-level scoring instincts that would make Nashville an even tougher matchup among its middle-six forwards. If the Predators weren't so well set for multiple years with their core, Nash isn't a redundant player in their lineup. At 6-foot-4 and 211 pounds, they would think twice about moving some pieces for a rental. But they have every reason to believe they're among the top contenders for the Stanley Cup -- and this could potentially nudge them closer. Acquiring Nash is one of the moves I think Nashville has to at least strongly consider if it does anything beyond luring Mike Fisher out of retirement.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа